Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assistance on Transformerless full wave PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

aq_mishu

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,
The given is taken from AVR metering app note AVR465.

I'm planning to develop a BMS system, uC driven. with RS232 and RS485. Now, I need two things, one is PSU. PSU is low cost, direct line driven like the one given here. But for efficiency use, I am planning to make it full wave rectifier. Thus I need support as I'm messing up. 5V @ final for Atmega8.

Next part is sensing and reading line voltage. I'm planning to use the same voltage front end of the power meter. But the part is a little bit different. I'm gonna read voltage of a node after a switch. Thus when switch is ON, it will read voltage. But all time the device is ON via line. (Relay driven using RS232).

Thus voltage front end I'm planning to read and sense live line. [as all are under same mains transformer (aka substation), tie-ing them all N together would make a same ref point I hope]. Actually this is the tricky part for me. And I need to read DC voltage, instead of AC voltage there. Can somebody help me??

psu.JPG

Mishu~

Status
Not open for further replies.