Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly programming for 80x86 series and microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmansafa

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi in the following months i can take assembly programming but it is for 80x86 series i think although it is not used when programming microcontrollers (as it is for pcs) it may be useful learning assembly programming.is it good for me to take (as far as i know assembly programming is different when coded for pcs or pics or avrs...)any help will be appreciated thanks in advance

Re: assembly programmimg

you are taking the harder one dear!!! of course when you start learning microcontroller it will become much easier , dont miss ; all programming takes the same bases but the syntax differes
good luck

osmansafa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
assembly programmimg

ok but is getting used to different syntax is a confusing task or it is easier than for people who knows nuthin

Take the course my friend. Once you know how to program 80x86, programing micros would be a piece of cake for you.

diemilio

osmansafa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
assembly programmimg

I agree with diemilio, once you understand the concept of assembly language programming, going between different syntaxes is a piece of cake.

assembly programmimg

learning assembly language is an advantage for you...because in assembly language, programmer must familiar with achitecture of microcontroller or microprocessor.. then you can expert in all kind of microcontroller...learn 80x86 will expose you to arm or 8051 assembly programming...

osmansafa said:
hi in the following months i can take assembly programming but it is for 80x86 series i think although it is not used when programming microcontrollers (as it is for pcs) it may be useful learning assembly programming.is it good for me to take (as far as i know assembly programming is different when coded for pcs or pics or avrs...)any help will be appreciated thanks in advance

Hi, I think that you must first study about architecture of processor. It can be clearly see in their datasheet. After you have known the internal structure of the processor. you can start learning the assembly programming.
You may be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back