Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly Language output from arm-elf-gcc

Status
Not open for further replies.

subdural

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
arm-elf-gcc assember tutorial

Hi All,

I'm compile the example.c source code to arm-elf gcc compiler with successful output. Also, I try to compiler this source code using "arm-elf-gcc -S example.c" to get assembly language (instruction set) output. I manage to compile it with no erros but I cant see the output on Cygwin Shell. I need your help how to see or get the assembly language output?

Thank in advanced

arm-elf-gcc compiling to assembly code

I'm not familiar with that particular gcc compiler, but -S normally works fine. You don't see any error messages, and you don't get a file named example.s?

Try typing arm-elf-gcc --help to see if -S is listed in the available options. My gcc 3.4.2 says "compile only; do not assemble or link"

Try typing arm-elf-gcc --version to see the gcc version. Maybe someone here will know the problem.

subdural

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
arm assembly language gcc

You can try with disassembly also

make a .elf file and then use

arm-elf-objdump -D elffile name > dump file name

use vi to view dump file

subdural

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search