Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

asm file output instead of hex in k*eil project??

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I have written a program in C in k**eil for 8*051 can I get the output file in assembly instead of hex file?(the assembly of the total project not a file of the project).

if it is not possible how can I get it by trying manually?
bye

I think this is not possible for a complete project.
The only way might be disassembler.

For single files you can enable ASM Output in the listfile

Or you can use the SRC Option

usbman

what you want to do is possible with
#pragma src
the c compile generates an .src file with the asm code it it and the c code as comments

u could also enable in the target options -> listing -> c compiler listing -> assembly code
checkbox
for the assembly code in the listing

HTH
dsp_

Hello
I mean assembly of the whole of project not at file level.
The disassembler have problems with lookup tables and constants that are stored in code memory.
bye

7rots51 said:
I mean assembly of the whole of project not at file level.

It is not possible since K*eil *.lib files are without source code (just an object archives), so one can not get ASM out of them without using disassembler.

BTW, why do you need assembler of whole project? It is BAD IDEA to write code in C, then generate ASM, modify it and then compile all and link the project. _ALMOST_ all what do you need can be done in pure C. If you have specific question ask and I'll try to answer it. Just do not mix C and ASM without VERY GOOD reason.

Regards,
Tom

I am working on an OMF51 Viewer wich will also be able to disasemble.
The problem is that OMF2 is propertary to Keil.
So I don't have any infos on various fields in the OMF records.

usbman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back