Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asking help for my final year project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcwc84

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Since it's my first post, I'm not sure whether i post in correct section or not.

If it isn't correct, then help me move to correct section.

I also need to clarify that my English very poor. Very Happy

K, i will brieftly explain my project description.

I want to modify Morse code transmitting system by replace the electric telegraph with CPU. So there's two CPU, one at transmitting and another at receiver side.

So i need to write a Morse code encoder programming on the transmit side, and another Morse code decoder programming on the receiver side.

About the program, i plan to use visual basic to write it out, with we can type what we want in a box, then press PLAY and it will find sound clip for every word, and when i press SEND, it will send the data to transmitter circuit. Next to receiver circuit and go in CPU again for decoding program.

The problem is i had no idea to integrate the circuit and the programming software. I have no idea how it works.

For the transmitter circuit, it need to have SERIAL PORT use to connect to CPU. But i'm not sure how's the circuit's design. I only search for circuit which used infrared but it only limited for short distance. I need a transmitter and receiver which can transmit and receive within 2 to 10 meter. Anyone of u know any circuit like? I need to know what components i need.

If there's any words which confuse you/doesn't clear for u, u may ask and i will answer after check this post often as i could.

I really need ur comments, suggestion and help Smile

Hi,

For the RF architecture, I'd propose you to go with the nRF24L01 TRANSCEIVER from Nordic VLSI. Easy to integrate with a low cost MCU that you can also use with a level shifter for your RS232 interfacing. Then the programming with VB.NET shouldn't be an issue.

For your PCB prototypes, try http://www.tom-ic.com/index.php?cPath=22.

For your components hunting, just try our BOM service **broken link removed**

Hope this helps,

Tomic

------------------<0>-<0>------------------
www.tom-ic.com
Your reliable prototyping partner.

thank you tomic. i also wanna ask that is it any other device like blue tooth can replace for the circuit?

Well, sure you can use a BT module but it won't serve your need better in term of price, power consumption and footrpint complexity.
The nRF24L01 chip is really a piece of cake to program through the SPI interface and programming a PIC in C is not that a big issue.

Maybe you could be more precise with the specs? Reading range, datarate, etc...

For your PCB prototypes, try http://www.tom-ic.com/index.php?cPath=22.

For your components hunting, just try our BOM service **broken link removed**

Hope this helps,

Tomic

------------------<0>-<0>------------------
www.tom-ic.com
Your reliable prototyping partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back