Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

asking for axial ratio and co-polarization

Status
Not open for further replies.

anwertamimi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one tell me what is meaning of the following terms used in the antenna:
1- axial ratio.
2- co-polarization.

I dont really know what co-polarization is but i think axial ratio is the ratio of the Φ and θ components of the field. But you have to choose either EΦ/Eθ ≥1 or Eθ/EΦ≥1. I mean you have to take the ratio that is greater than 1.

axial ratio is a parameter to describe the circular polarization performance of an antenna. For more information, you can refer some classical antenna book, such as Balanis's Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design.

Does anyone have the formula linking the Axial Ratio and the Input Ports' Amplitude Unbalancement?

Thanks in advance.

Lupin

A linear polarization is specified by its spatial orientation(co-polarization) and by its cross-polarization.
+Co-polarizartion is desired signal
+Cross-polarizarion is undesired signal.

Circular polarization is specified by its sense and by its axial ratio.
A peak-peak value is the axial ratio and represents the polarization quality for a circular polarized antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back