Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASK vs AM,FSK vs FM, PSK vs PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_kumar

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ask psk fsk

i want the differences between ASK and AM ,FSK and FM ,PSK and PM'' ...to be precise i want to know Analog modulation versus Digital modulation(ASK vs AM,FSK vs FM, PSK vs PM). which one is superior....in terms of bandwidth,SNR or
P(e), modulating and demodulating complexity and so on..

ask vs fsk

You can read about them in Digitall communications systems by Simon Hykin,
they are explained in details and in easy way,

Best Regards,
Ahmad,

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
fsk vs psk

AM, FM and PM three fundamental analog modulation techniques, while shift keying are digital

fsk vs ask

This is a great link that explains a lot of this in detail.

**broken link removed**

Good luck.

ask fsk psk

eecs4ever said:
This is a great link that explains a lot of this in detail.

h**p://www.complextoreal.com/tutorial.htm

Good luck.

Yes, It's really great, but It will be further good if you have another similar link to a communications electronics site like the above!

Waiting for you!

Thanks,

ask vs psk

electronics_kumar said:
i want the differences between ASK and AM ,FSK and FM ,PSK and PM'' ...to be precise i want to know Analog modulation versus Digital modulation(ASK vs AM,FSK vs FM, PSK vs PM). which one is superior....in terms of bandwidth,SNR or
P(e), modulating and demodulating complexity and so on..

One of the best book for knowing it is "Digital Communications" by Sklar.
try to find it.

difference between ask and fsk

Of course digital communications methodology is better , for more reading on this topic , you can read " Principles of communication systems " by taub & schiling

am vs ask

In terms of SNR digital modulation schems(FSK...) are superior than Analog modulations(FM...) for further details refer Communication systems by taub and shilling.

fm vs fsk

For Complete understanding you should read system communication book, but i get an example :
your voice is wave. and it is an analog wave. if you digitize your voice with Analog to digital convertor then your voice will change to some 0 and 1. then if you send a short wave for 1s and do not sending any wave for 0s then it is ASK. it is the presence of signal for 1s and no presence of sigmal for 0s.

Status
Not open for further replies.