Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ask : RFID reader antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuda23

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all..
I'm newbie in design antenna, so..help me please..
:D
i want to make a spiral planar antenna with frequency 13,56 for RFID reader,
is it possible?
how about the size, number of turn and the other caracteristic?
can you give me some journal about it? because i need more refferences..

thx...

Hi,
Try to "Microchip`s homeside & download the ApplNote "microID 13.56 MHz RFID System Design Guide" [relevant parts are of these script the ApplNotes AN710&752:)], and search a lot of per google for the rest:)...

Good progress!
K.

When designing a RFID coupler coil, you have to take into consideration the intended operation distance and the nominal
field strength range of the respective RFID standard. (You didn't mention any).

The Microchip design guide has a good chapter about coil design and related basic equations. To do a coil calculation, you
don't need a full-featured EM tool, it's a pure magnetical problem due to the long wavelength. FastHenry from
www.fastfieldsolvers.com is a good free tool to calculate inductances of arbitrary shaped coils and e.g. coupling between
reader and tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back