Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ask : Regarding Autocorrelation and Cross-correlation matrix in LMMSE Channel Estimat

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatsuriSola

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Currently I want to make a MATLAB simulation of LMMSE channel estimation method in OFDM systems.
In LMMSE method (Wiener Filtering) to find the channel estimation we have to find coefficient :
c=(Rxx^-1)*Rxy​
where Rxx is autocorrelation matrix and Rxy is cross-correlation matrix.
What I want to ask is how to find these Rxx and Rxy matrices.
I've tried many different methods but they won't work at all...
If you happen to know the answer, please help me. Any programming code would also help me a lot.

========================================================================================================================================================================================================
So far this is what I've tried:
For 7 sub-carriers with pilots separated at distance of 2 subcarriers :
1) For Rxx :
Rxx= Rc(0) Rc(2) Rc(4) Rc(6)
Rc(-2) Rc(0) Rc(2) Rc(4)
Rc(-4) Rc(-2) Rc(0) Rc(2)
Rc(-6) Rc(-4) Rc(-2) Rc(0)
If the received pilot symbols is y, then :
Rc(0) = E[y(f)y(f)]
Rc(1) = E[y(f)y(f-1)]
Rc(2) = E[y(f)y(f-2)]
... and so on...
2) For Ryx : almost the same with Ryx, but I cross-correlate by find the expected value of multiplied received pilot symbols and the whole received symbols (including data symbols)
Here's my works so far in MATLAB :

Status
Not open for further replies.