Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ask] LCD 16x2 using ATMEGA8535

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackwingman

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need help with programming microcontroler Atmega 8535.

I'm using LCD 16x2.
I've tried and was successful... but now when I'm changing my PCB board, the LCD become blank on the second row and full on first row.
I can't display anything on the LCD.

and also I've tried in 2 different LCD and result is the same.
I've checked all the cable and already in right position.

can someone help my problem?

PS: I'm using BASCOM for programming the microcontroler.

Hi,

Have you check that your new pcb is getting enough voltages and lcd on that new board getting voltages? It seems that it can be a hardware problem.

Is there any change in connections from old pcb to new one? that requires change in a code so.

Double check all these things.

NIKS

Nikunj Tanna said:
Hi,

Have you check that your new pcb is getting enough voltages and lcd on that new board getting voltages? It seems that it can be a hardware problem.

Is there any change in connections from old pcb to new one? that requires change in a code so.

Double check all these things.

NIKS

NOW I've tried 3 LCD 16*2 and 3 ATmega8535 Board. And still can't write to LCD...
can someone show part of programming???

PROBLEM SOLVED...

MY STUPIDITY...
the R/W Pin hasn't connected to GROUND...
damn...

Hey,

Finally got solution..The moral of the story..In most of the cases "Human is error".
Be careful next time when it comes to hardware..

NIKS

Status
Not open for further replies.