Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ask for help on self_checking testbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

asing123

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am now learning writing self_checking testbench.I can verify the outputs directly controlled by inputs.but I don't know how to write those testbenches whose outputs are controlled not directly by inputs but by internal signals.such as a simple divider,Would you give me some good advice? in additon,I hope to get more advice except those which can only be used by the divider,because what I will verify is more complex than the divider. thank you.

module divider(q , rst ,cp);
output q;
input rst,cp;
reg [1:0] counter;

assign q=(counter==2)?1'b1:1'b0;

always @(posedge cp)
begin
if (rst)
counter<=0;
else
if (counter==3)
counter<=0;
else
counter<=counter+1;
end

endmodule

Bartart,thank for your enthusiasm,but it seems that examples provided there are the same as I wrote above ,that is ,their outputs are controlled directly by inputs ,not by internal signals.would you give me some other advice?thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back