Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

asim khan programmer not working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

supraja.vandana

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have soldered the second circuit of the asim khan programmer provided in the following link.
**broken link removed**

the device is detected and signature is also getting verified.
only when i write a program there is a buffer starting address problem!!
plzzzzzzzz help me... with it.... each time i wanna get AT89s52 programmed i have to travel miles... only if i can make this work..!

I suspect the problem is with pc side.

Provide details about your pc and os, to get your problem solved

i have also tried this worked but few days later i could not detect the device and used my friend's pc it worked . i could not trace out what is the problem with my computer may be viruses !

The problem is about the hardware . Make it with short wires from parallel port to programmer ckt. It easily worked with XP os. But not reliable yet because it has no proper handshaking technique.

The problem is about the hardware . Make it with short wires from parallel port to programmer ckt. It easily worked with XP os. But not reliable yet because it has no proper handshaking technique.

hi fren
the length of cable is not more than one meter from parallel port to hardware ,i have done without that chip 74hct541 direct here is the working circuit

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

there are some problem in the circuit and dont work in one shot... Need to do some R&D.. it is not a approved circuit as it is very inconsistent circuit as i dont see any handshaking signals......

i get this error.

data verify error at address 0000
code data 01
prog data 08

with the values changing while trying to write different hex codes.
the operating system is xp. i have tried it on other computers too. it simply doesnt work.

thank u all for ur replies..!

ive soldered the ckt on dot board
i m using a 4mhz crystal
connections all seem to be finee:-(

Try with 12MHz or higher crystals

thanks santoshaxl
ref:
the length of cable is not more than one meter from parallel port to hardware ,i have done without that chip 74hct541 direct here is the working circuit

thank u soooooo much dudee.............. seriouslyy....!!! i followed wats exactly shown in the circuit diagram with 12Mhz crystal...
its jus working gr8!

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

and now.... im going to happily happily program for a line
maze robot...

thanks everybody!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back