Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASIC Verification position tips and tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagar_satish

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I just received an offer from a good company for an entry-level ASIC design verification position. The position starts in about 2 weeks and I am a new graduate and I have a few questions from people who have worked in this line before:

1) What should I be brushing up on over the next few weeks? Right now I can trying to get my C++ programming and Verilog skills up by studying and practicing on my own.

2) Any particular books that I would find handy?

3) Any general tips on how to approach the field so I can learn as much as possible and be able to contribute to team?

Thanks in advance

ashishk

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Apart from Verilog,try to learn some HVL as well like system verilog. Now a days most of the people use SV for verification.Since you already know C++ so you should not be having any issues with OOPs concepts of SV . For learning it you should be readinf from LRM(IEEE 1800-2009) or can refer System Verilog for Verification by Chris Spear . Once you are comfortable with SV then you can learn Verification Methodology like OVM/UVM etc .

ljxpjpjljx

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
yes , you should know the verification methodology and flow and study SV and system C!

cuiya

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Learn Specman, SystemVerilog and VMM. How to architect testbenches so it is reusable, flexible and can enable fast testcase development. Know about what a BFM, Driver, Monitor, Random Generator, Scoreboard is.

Also depend on the stuff they work on you might want to read up on bus specifications. Like ethernet, front side bus, ahb, pci express...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor