Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASIC design job vs FPGA design job

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersonic_528

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks,

I am an ASIC design engineer with over 6 years experience. My experience in ASIC design spans across microarchitecture, RTL coding, synthesis, timing closure and verification. Is it advisable for me if I change to a FPGA design job? I mean, what are the pros and cons? I do not have much experience in FPGA other than school projects. How much learning is involved? Will it be difficult to switch back to ASIC design position in the future if I move to a FPGA job? Do FPGA design involve less work and stress than ASIC? Please provide your opinion, experience or any other comment.

Thanks!

why you want to change to FPGA design? You have more than 6 years working experience in ASIC design, you should be in this field for more contribution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back