Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASIC area estimation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerox100

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have written a verilog code that fully mapped to a zynq 7z020 fpga. I have only used FPGA side. Is there a estimation of ASIC area of the code for example in 10 NM?

Why would Xilinx provide tools to estimate the ASIC area of a design implemented in their Zynq part?

Xilinx and their investors would rather you keep buying Zynq parts.

If you want to know the ASIC area estimate get a 10nm library and synthesize your Zynq code using that 10nm libraary and use whatever ASIC tools that estimate the size.

It is very difficult to find a 1:1 correspondence. ASICs will report the utilization as the number of gate equivalents and FPGAs will report in terms of LUT*s used (considering other FPGA primitives such as BUF*, MMCM/PLL, DSP-slices, BRAMs, etc are not used).

Some years ago I tried to find an answer and the following thread will be nearest to what you are looking for:

There are some other threads in the Xilinx forum too related to this subject.

A blog - http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/PLD-Blog-Archived/ASIC-Prototyping-Using-FPGA-Devices/ba-p/132014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back