Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Array antenna problem with simulating individual patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumy Jose

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Regarding array antennas

Hi all,
I was trying to simulate an array antenna for which i started with the simulation of individual patches.when i simualted it individually it was resonating at a particular frequency in HFSS.I designed one power divider for array antenna which was also resonating at same frequency.This was done in IE3D.But when i combined the patches and the power divider to form an array,the resonant frequency shifted to a lower frequency .can anybody please explain me why this is happening.I'm a beginner in EM Design.
Thanks,
Sumy

Re: Regarding array antennas

Hi, Sumy: How much shift the resonance frequency is? If the shift is small, it is normal. Just like you connect a feed line to a patch antenna, if the feed line slightly off 50-ohms or the ohms you want to normalize, the resonant frequency may shift slightly and the matching may differ slightly. This is normal.

The impedance matching is a problem for it .

Sometimes we may use indutor and capacitor to match impedance.

Hi,
Thanx a lot for your replies.Jian,the shift is small only.let me try for a better match of the feed line.
Thanx,
Sumy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back