Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Array Antenna Near Field Simulation using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_cet

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,

I would like to learn how to make a simulation of Array antenna near field beam pattern using HFSS. I have sucessfully performed the simulation of Array antenna FAR field beam pattern... Unfortunately, I havent been able to perform the simulation of Array antenna NEAR field beam pattern... I have choosen the "Antenna Array Setup -> Regular Array". This case works for FAR field... But for NEAR field, it does not work...

Could you help me about how to make the simulation of Array antenna NEAR field beam patern...

Already thank you very much for your helps...

My Best Regards...

Harun Cetinkaya

The whole derivation of an Array Factor depends upon the a priori assumption of a far field analysis. The array factor concept will not extend to the near field of an array, you will need to brute force simulate this to see the nearfield.

Have Fun

Dear Tallface65,

Do You mean that I should draw all of antennas in array and then perform its simulation? Because for Far field calculation, one should perform the simulation for one anttenna and then array beam is calculated with respect to the array factor...

Best regards...

Dear Friends,

I have to make a near field simulation of dipole antenna array at 11 GHz... Aperture size is 1 meter... 32 dipole antennas are uniformly distributed through aperture (with equal step size) ... Unfortunately, as Tallface65 says, the array factor is not calculated for near field in HFSS... So, one should force the simulation for all of antennas... It measn that one should draw all antennas in array and then perform the simulation... It is clear that this way requires huge computational time... On my computer I can not perform the simulation in HFSS (I tried but unsuccesfull - memory is not enough)... I have made a decision that I will change the simulation software... my preference is FEKO to perform Near field Array antenna simulations.... If you could give recommendations about which software is more suitable for array antenna simulations, I will be really glad.... Already I have spent two weeks...

Best regards...

Harun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back