Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARM7 for multimedia applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

cippalippa

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:?::?::?:

Hello,

I'm new in the microcontroller world and I need to know how is the best ARM7 microcontroller for multimedia application with LAN.
I see the samsung S3C4510B; is a good choice?
Thanks a lot

Daniele

There is a good example for Philips LPC2148 microcontroller usage
as a media player through USB: www.keil.com

yeah lpc2*** is good..lots of tutorials on net...u can use keil tools...

...with LAN? ...try atmel series...
h**p://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/product_card.asp?part_id=3755

regards,
//a

If you are talking about ARM7 with LAN are you talking with operating system? If yes, are you talking RTOS or Linux?
If RTOS, you can use embedded Flash memory, smaller chips, much easier design, no external bus.
Most multimedia applications require lots of MBytes and so they do require an external bus. Although I really like the LPC2148, the max memory is 512 KBytes, for the Atmel SAM7X it is only half that and both would not be appropriate for high memory requirements. The Samsung device is very different, no embedded Flash, much more complex design of the PCB and software but it does support lots of memory. So, it might be the right choice, depending on what you really want to do.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back