Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARM Programming (newbe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirti_sonawane999

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ... I am kirtikumar sonawane ... I am a student..
I am going to start a project and i am willing to work with ARM ...
I am newbe in Embedded systems... please suggest me which ARM version i use .. how much it cost? and if i choose that ARM then how should i program it through my pc?

If you are new then better to go for a basic version of ARM7 like LPC2129 or LPC2148. For this you need keil4 or 3 software to program it and Philips flash utility software to program the chip...

But you should have a development board with you or design it .......

check this
**broken link removed**

ARM based micrcontrollers are widely used in embedded system design now a days. I appreciate your selection.There are wide range ARM based microcontrollers available in market from different manufacturers. They can differ in ARM core(ARM7, ARM9, ARM11, ARM cortex ) , memory and peripherals. For initial learning you can use Microcontroller Development Kit(MDK) from Keil. . It is software development environmental that allow you to write, simulate, debug your code with out need of a microcontroller. You can work on many different microcontroller as it is a software environment. You can download evaluation version of MDK from Keil Embedded Development Tools for ARM. Finally you need to select a micrcontroller based on your project requirements. You can also request you college to purchase a ARM based development board as finally you need to test your code on actual hardware.

Is it possible to develop my own board? Or i mount it on breadboard or 0-PCB? and what is cost?

Thanks sir. may i know cost of development board? normal cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back