Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARM LPC 21XX programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemant2007

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lpc arm

Is here any book,tutorial available for programming LPC 21xx controllers ?
i need it plz send links of useful sites also
thank u in advance

lpc21xx tutorial

it is so easy
u can program the chip using a simple serial connection to ur PC
using linux, there is a complete toolchain for compiling, debuging and programming the device
it really does not need any special tutorial
u just connect the suitable chip's pin to ground, and connect the serial port of the LPC device to PC using a Serial-USB cable ( like what FDTI produces ) finally u run a simple program at PC side
I'm talking all about linux, there a program called lpc21isp will get ur compiled elf and will program it into ur chip, when finished, disconnect the programming pin from ground.
I know that it is also possible to program the device directly with USB, but we never used that technique. We are currently using LPC2148 device widely in out projects
good luck

arm lpc

HI,

Here are two books which will be useful

ARM System Developers Guide-Designing and Optimizing System Software - Sloss,Symes,Wright (MK)

ARM System On-Chip Architecture [2E] - Steve Furber

Re: lpc21xx tutorial

[i need your help in programming for uart receive interrupt

Re: arm lpc

HI,

Here are two books which will be useful

ARM System Developers Guide-Designing and Optimizing System Software - Sloss,Symes,Wright (MK)

ARM System On-Chip Architecture [2E] - Steve Furber

Which is better out of these 2 books.
I am asking this question because, I wanna buy only one book.
Can you please tell me which one is better.
I am new to ARM and using LPC2148.

Also want to learn RTOS.
Can you tell me any book which can make me aware with everything which I need to start with RTOS ?

Thanks

Re: arm lpc

Which is better out of these 2 books.
I am asking this question because, I wanna buy only one book.
I am new to ARM and using LPC2148.

Also want to learn RTOS.
Can you tell me any book which can make me aware with everything which I need to start with RTOS ?

Thanks

Ist one is good to start with.

Also want to learn RTOS.
you can check Simple Real-time Operating System: A Kernel Inside View for a Beginneron amazon. This is good to start with.

Write if you have any questions.

Cheers

my suggestions friends instead of going through tutorials and books just understand the in depth of the data sheet and try practically it will definitely take more time but you will understand it better than anyone for me to learn cortex m3 took around two months there is no book online for it.

please do think
best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back