Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARM + DMA controller support

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbrother

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I would like to evaluate my application using Direct Memory Access on an ARM architecture.

Even though I am an experienced user of ARM, I was not able to find a way to use a DMA model (easily).

I do not want to write a new DMA model and put it in the armulator configuration file. I do not have time for this. I am also using Code Composer TI which has very nice support for the DMA controller (it has some DMA macros, functions and a nice simulator).

My questions are:

1) Can I use ARMulator and DMA without creating a DMA model?

2) Does anybody has made a DMA model which he used in the ARMulator ADS 1.2 and which he can share with the rest of use here?

3) I would like to use ARMulator to simulate the real hardware. I do own the ARM Integrator board (even though never used it). Does ARM Integrator board has DMA controller and how can I use it?

4) Can you suggest any embedded simulator that has support for direct memory access, and I can use it to evaluate my application (how efficient it executes?)

5) Is there any way for me to estimate the power consumption of the ARM architecture for running my application?

Thank you guys very much in advance....I am a student and I do need to learn these things...

Regards,

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.