Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Area in BSIM3.3 BJT models

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaidyagirish

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have BSIM 3.3 models for BJTs specific to emitter areas. Hence there are separate models for 2uX2u and so on.
However i am not sure whether the corresponding parameters are normalised or do the numbers indicate the values for this particular area.
In other words, whether i should use AREA in my Hspice netlist.
Any inputs on this ?

Regards,
Girish

BSIM3v3 is not relted to BJTs. Because area scaling introduce errors or if done proper in the case of HICUM is too complex BJTs are modelled for discrete dimensions. Typical two emitter widths and emitter length scaled by factor 2. Different base and collector connections lead also to differencies.

Most discrete BJTs models are generated from a more complex scaleable model from foundry. In the model file you see only the discrete models.

It is because general models lack the community in Spice and extraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back