Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

are wirelesses waves harmful for body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazdek0ch0l0

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

From one week ago i bought the wireless modem to use internet at home. That was used about 15-18 hours at a day.
Now I have a question.
Are these wireless waves are harmful for our body or CARCINOGEN ?
Please answer me. I'm very bother.

Hello,

I haven't heard of scientific papers showing a consistent link between wireless signal exposure and cancer or other illness. Your modem radiation is provably 2.4 GHz - 5 GHz and few mW of power. The body has elements that are sensitive to electricity and electromagnetic waves, therefore it cannot be assured 100% that its effect is null, just keep it as far as possible... Maybe the LEDs or the little audible noise caused by the power supply could affect you or your sleep...

People are a too concerned with these sources of a few mW non-inoizing radiation, while they (voluntarily) expose their bodies to some hundred Watts of scientifically proven cancerigen and skin aging radiation from the sun (UV) when they go to the beach!

You can read this fore more information: Cell Phones and Cancer Risk - National Cancer Institute

Hope it helps,

Ernest

you would need simultaneously
1) high power (greater than many watts)
and
2) very close distance (perhaps 1 foot away or less)

If you are a few feet away, there will be minimal effect.
If you are using a commercial wireless lan unit, with its standard antenna, the power transmitted is much less than one watt, and it is transmitted in all directions, so even if it was on your desktop...the power absorbed by your body will be negligable.

About the only place you might have trouble is with a rooftop dish antenna beaming a signal to a far away receiver. If you stood directly in front of that focused beam for some time, you might have some trouble with cataracts in your eye, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back