Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are those sentences true or false?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ednan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Plz tell that wheather it is true or false....

(i) A closed - loop control system is usually more accurate than an open loop system.
(ii) Feedback is sometimes used to improve the sestivity of a control system...
(iii)If an open loop system is unstable then applying feedback will always improve its stability.
(iv)Feedback can incease the gain of a system in one frequency range but decrease in another.
(v)Nonlinear elements are sometimes intentionally introduced to control system to improve its performance.
(vi)Discrete-data control system are more susceptible to noise due to the nature of its signals.

Re: True or false.

ednan,
I'm assuming that when you use the term "feedback" that you mean "negative feedback". With that in mind:
i true
ii False Negative feedback always reduces the sensitivity.
iii False However, properly designed compensation networks can allow negative feedback to stabilize a system that is unstable without negative feedback.
iv true
v true For example, a limiter can prevent saturation of the electronics.
vi false. Discrete Data (Digital) systems have high noise immunity.
Regards,
Kral

(i) A closed - loop control system is usually more accurate than an open loop system.

TRUE

(ii) Feedback is sometimes used to improve the sestivity of a control system...
TRUE

(iii)If an open loop system is unstable then applying feedback will always improve its stability.
FALSE

(iv)Feedback can incease the gain of a system in one frequency range but decrease in another.

FALSE

(v)Nonlinear elements are sometimes intentionally introduced to control system to improve its performance.

TRUE
(vi)Discrete-data control system are more susceptible to noise due to the nature of its signals.

I DONT KNOW THIS

reza17,

ednan said:

Seems like on the face of it, this is True, as Kral said.

Take a "system", an op-amp, with a capacitor in the negative feedback loop. At frequency X it has unity gain...by my definition. In the frequency range [f<X] the gain will increase with a decrease in frequency. In the frequency range [f>X] the gain will decrease with a increase in frequency.

Ken

KMoffett said:
reza17,

ednan said:

Seems like on the face of it, this is True, as Kral said.

Take a "system", an op-amp, with a capacitor in the negative feedback loop. At frequency X it has unity gain...by my definition. In the frequency range [f<X] the gain will increase with a decrease in frequency. In the frequency range [f>X] the gain will decrease with a increase in frequency.

Ken

ok

True or false.

KMoffett you got a point there..... i didnt notice that.... i too agree that feedback can cause change in gain wrt freq...

KMOFFET you have got a right point. I agree to rezza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back