Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are those chips reprinted AT90S2313-4PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asit

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Reprinted 2313s ?

recently bought 50 AT90S2313-10PI. The print quality of the chips is not upto the mark compared to old 2313s I have.

As we use a lot of 2313s, we are doubtful that these chips are reprinted AT90S2313-4PC.

Here is the picture of the chips. Top one is suspected chip and bottom is for reference.

Is there a way to tell whether the chips are forged?

Re: Reprinted 2313s ?

I think this looks suspicious to say the least...

Have you sent the picture to Atmel? They might be interested...

Thanks Gorilla, At least someone is intrested.

I sent the picture to them, and they seem least intrested saying "Why would anybody reprint them".

They also say there is no way to find the actual speed the chips are rated for until we send them to their factory. And they havn't given me the address.

:(

Regards.

Perhaps try sending your questions to a few other Atmel representatives.

And maybe the Quality people have someting useful to say?

http://www.atmel.com/quality/

You could just try asking about the print quality, not mentioning possible reprint/remarking. Maybe they start thinking themselves that way...

Good luck.

The Atmel Quality Control emai id is not working. The Atmel's email server says it cannot resolve the address. :(

RELAX !

Nobody will counterfit a chip !

It's just the silk screen branding not well set up !

but not the end of the world ! . I have seen worst!

Thanks eltonjohn.

I'm a great fan of you! ;)

As per the ATMEL, they make chips first, then test them. They print the chips with different speed grades/ratings according to how they perform in testing.

Now the question is how they test the chips? And can we test them?

Regards and thanks.

Hi asit
You can test it simpliest boosting the clock at 10 mhz.If was made as 4 mhz rated this will be hot like a microwave owen and will crack like a rotten potato.
Same opinion ,nobody will spend for erasing the old marking and replace it with a new one.Is too expensive comparing with the cost /unit

Maxim just put out a Customer Alert about a similar issue:
**broken link removed**

So these things do happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back