Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

are there VLSI jobs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileysam

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There are talks that CS is back in demand alot.. CS people are getting jobs very easily.
What abt VLSI jobs in US? Are freshers getting jobs ?? Which field .. analog or digital ?

That will really be of interest to me also, please!

Hi All,
I joined this site recently.
I will be graduating from India this year with a degree in ECE. I have appied for my masters in VLSI in USA and have got an admit from Carnegei Mellon University. I have read all of your comments and have really got discouraged a lot.
1) Anyways i still cannot stop my self from asking that am i taking a right decision to Go to USA for my Masters?
2) Also can i hope that the situation will improve in about 2 years(The time in which i will be completing my Masters) time form now?
3) Also if i do consider to take VLSI in what field of it must i specialize in University so that getting a job without any work experience is a bit easy then you all are mentioning?
Please help and guide me....
I will be highly thankful...

bo cinfident and read well if preparation is good at MS time defntl"y it is easy to get into companies.

enjoy vlsi

S, it will be easy to get job when u r in campus.....

it will be nice if u join in cdac . Use ur campus selections to get the job.
once u r out of the campus it is not that easy to get job in vlsi.

To be honest, i found very difficult to apply for a VLSI job in USA without Master Degree or at least 3-5 years of working experience.
From my past experience, it is very easy to get job in thne campus but a job which they offer you usually an unwanted job. Many friends of mine have got a job in software field and application engineer jobs even they are core-based.
Higher study in some advance and developed country such like US,UK or Japan is the best way to get a good VLSI job there.

Status
Not open for further replies.