Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are there any free power estimators ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

negreponte

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power estimators

are any free tools for power estimation?

Re: power estimators

Synopsys Nanosim may be a choice.

umm nano sim is for free? sorry didnt know much abt it.. am also workin on power estimation and analysis.. so jes wanted to know more abt the tool..

we dunt have much funds n our univ .. i wud want to know wot is the best tool for power analysis which is avilable for free and which is comprahensive.,.. i guess am askin a lot.. but my research is under stake without them..

with regards,

Hi,
I don'n think so that you find any good free soft for power estimation.

I use PrimePower by Synopsys . It's good but not free

Regards

Elektor

power estimators

FOr Power estimation I use Power COmpiler from Synopsys...Its a good tool but not free.
Other Commercial tools are SEQUENCE Power Theatre.. watt watcher etc..

power estimators

Unfortunately, there are no free power estimation/analysis tools out there. In fact, you probably need to purchase several non-free tools to close your power estimation flow if you are going for vector-based power esimation (simulator to generate the vcd file, synthesis tool, layout, extraction and power estimation). If you are more interested in statistical power estimators, you just need to get your hands on the power estimator itself and most of them will take RTL as input; the drawback is that they are vastly less accurate than the vector based ones.

power estimators

I am a new VHDL designer and I am going to work for first time in synopsys environment. Should I wRITE code with a specific way for synopsys. Can I follow the same way in writing code as Leonardo? This question is about to implement asics in synopsys. Any refs about digital design, asic and VHDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back