Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are there any EDA tools for MAC OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maskrom

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MAC OSX is unix base OS. It is based on BSD. I think it quite stable. Maybe platform for MAC OSX is only APPLE machine. Apple provides a very good development tool kit allow you to write and run "Object C","Java"...etc.
Anyone know any eda tool on MAC OSX.

There are only a few of them...

One free version is OSmondPCB...

h**p://w*w.swcp.com/~jchavez/osmond.html

Also there is De$ignWorks which has an evaluation version...
lately there was also an update for McCAD schematics/pcb.

I've got a mac and a PC and I really couldn't face using eda software under OS X, OS X is too slow at the moment...although it's always going to be slower due to the power pc chips...the sooner apple release os x for intel the better....

A

joilen said:
I've got a mac and a PC and I really couldn't face using eda software under OS X, OS X is too slow at the moment...although it's always going to be slower due to the power pc chips...the sooner apple release os x for intel the better....

A

I really don't agree with you ! (about the speed) you are certainly talking of early versions of os X (10.0 or 10.1) the 10.2 rocks...
for using eda, I agree I can't use eda on os x because the ones on the window$ platform are far better...even the almost free ones (eagle, or proteus)

Status
Not open for further replies.