Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are FPGAs and ASICs becoming extinct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delay

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Nowadays the buzz word in industry is of course SoC. Are FPGAs here
to stay for sometime or what? EDA industry is changing so rapidly with System Verilog, SystemC, VHDL AMS, e, Specmen and Vera, it is confusing for a novice like me to select a platform, a language or a tool for I don't know where it will take me in a year or two.

What's the word of experts. It is too abstruse. I don't wanna be left behind and lose what I just learned with FPGA and HDL. :?

delay (delayed by technology)

Believe me, FPGA's and ASIC's are here to stay. ASIC's are getting squeezed by the low price point of FGPA's but ASIC is a much larger market. SOC gets a lot of press, but the industry is struggling with the size and complexity of SOC design. FPGA's are cheap enough that you can implement one yourself; try that with AISC or SOC. FPGA's and ASIC's are certainly evolving, but have huge market momentum.

hi

this world can will stop without FPGAs and ASICs. today the recent innovations and products are the result of fpgas. so how u thoudht that these things are going to end. rather soc is subset of fpga.

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back