Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are CPLDs suitable for complex state machines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaf20

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cpld-4

hi
who agree with following method :
"CPLDs are well suited to complex,high-performance state machines."
i have doubt b/w FPGA and CPLD to implement a design as a typical control unit.
my design's control unit include large state machine ONLY.
any comment or help
gracias

cpld state machine

I doubt whether CPLDs have any specific advantages over FPGAs on implementing statemachines.. where did you get that comment??

cpld state machine

I think use CPLD to implement state machine may be more simple than FPGA,because you may not add constraints

state machines cpld

I THINK THAT THIS STATEMENT ABOUT " PERFORMANCE OF CPLD BASED STATE MACHINES " WAS TRUE 10 YEARS AGO .. Where the EPLD were much FASTER THAN FPGA .. i'm talking of a 7ns Tpd .. So there was a COMPETITION to produce
FAST Elpd to control BIG PROCESSOR BUSES .. no FPGAs were considered for this USE ALONE .. they were too SLOW !

Re: CPLD 4 state machine

tnx friends
i want to know for visualization ONLY the biggest state machin can be implement on xilinx CPLD !? what the bigest xilinx CPLD -industrial and commertial- ?
gracias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back