Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are Casex and Casez synthesizable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanthewarrior

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any body tell me that whether "Casex" or "Casez" are synthesizable or not.

case vs casex

They are but lookout for inferred latches, or just full_case directive.

casez vs casex

casez is synthesizable but casex is not.

casex synthesis

Hmm,
The statement

casez is synthesizable but casex is not.

is not true. Both casex and casez are synthesizable. Casex generates a don't-care space for unspecified state points. Casez uses a "Z logic value" to represent a don't-care bits.

casex vs casez

Here u got traped buddy,

As u said that Casex and Casez are synthesizable but i hope as we know "x" and "z" are not synthesizable. So will it be possible that Casex and Casez are synthesizable.

Spartan

casez

Ahhh, the "X" condition debate.

There are two meanings to an "X". For a simulation, "X" means dont-know but for a synthesis "X" means a don't care. X is synthesizable because it could be anything. All X means it is 1 or a 0.

The statement of a "Z" not being synthesizable is also incorrect. What do you think this verilog code reveals . .
tri [0:3] buf_out = en? in: 4'bz;

Ta-Da! A 4-bit tri-state bus that goes "Z" when disabled.

--
ay

casex and casez

Hi Again,

Just explain me that How does the Synthesis tool came to know that i have to put

"1" or "0" in place of "x" or "z" for exampel

Case (Byte)

4'b001x : a <= 4'b0000;
4'b00x0 : a <= 4'b0001;
endcase

Then how does synthesis tool came to know that i have to put "1" or "0' in place of "x".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back