Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are antenna Gain values reliable in HFSS simulations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifelix

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I've an interesting question. Could anyone tell me if, when simulating antennas on HFSS, you have obtained Gain values that are reliable if compared with measured ones?
I've done a lot of different models of antennas in HFSS and also the same models with Ie3d. I've obtained similar results in the 2 simulators. But when I've compared this results with anechoic chamber measurements, sometimes I've obtained matched results but sometimes they are absolutely different (even 8 dB of difference).
The model I've used in HFSS I'm sure is right (dimensions of radiation boundary are ok, seeded the mesh densely over all the frequency range of interest). I've simulated GSM dual-band antennas.
Thanks in adv!

Hi,ifelix
excuse that i can't answer your question, but I AM begginner,I am working on a pifa antenna multiband, if it is the same for you could you help me please.
thanks
best regard.

HI
you should know it is not considered the reflect power when you plot the "GAIN", so you may get good GAIN, however, worse VSWR. hope it helpful.

Regards
Edmund

As far as I have known, the simulated results and measured results shoud not have a big difference like 8 dB. When you do the measurements, it's very easy to make some mistakes. Do you have a good impedance matching when you measure the gain of the antenna?

to edmudzheng

y u not helping me man.

i mailed u at hotmail and every where in post replies
u r replying to every one.
i hve observed yr knowledge.....is there any thing irritating u...or some thing else man....

ifelix

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
sorry RF engineer...
I don't have an hotmail. If you need something send me a private message and I'll surely answer you.
Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back