Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

arduino, car LIGHT BAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy-igzp

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello.
I have been lately given a custom car light project to work on. the problem is when I have been given the project I thought that I'll make the PCB board. if you know what I mean.
now I have to code that board, which I know nothing about.
I have been given those pictures

and the person who gave me those pictures don't have the schematic of that PCB, is it possible form me to code these LED's?
and do you have any idea how to do that.
I told him that it is impossible for me to code the Arduino without knowing the schematic of the board. was I right?
and one more thing he gave me the old code he's using.

arduino code:
Code:
int ledState = LOW;
long previousMillis = 0;

long interval = 100;

void setup()
{
pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
pinMode(12, OUTPUT);
}
void loop()
{
 unsigned long currentMillis = millis();

if(currentMillis - previousMillis > interval){
 previousMillis = currentMillis;

if(ledState == LOW)
 ledState = HIGH;
else
ledState = LOW;

digitalWrite(13, ledState);
digitalWrite(12, !ledState);
}

}

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, that code works well on your circuit only if you are going to connect the LED's to those pins (12 and 13). If you already have the circuit made, then you have to watch which pins from the Arduino goes to your LED's and change the code.

I told him that it is impossible for me to code the Arduino without knowing the schematic of the board. was I right?
Totally right !

- - - Updated - - -

If you only need to switch on and off some LEDs, then you just need know the output pins from the Arduino, not the whole schematic.

and the person who gave me those pictures don't have the schematic of that PCB, is it possible form me to code these LED's?

The whole board seems quite simple, therefore if you start from scratch, drawing unknown devices as empty boxes, would be easy to us deduce their function as well its specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.