Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arabic Talking Waitress Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesham_eraqi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Me and four of my friends have developed a robot waitress that serves the customers of restaurants and hotels; it understands
Arabic speech (continuous speech) and interacts with the customers and the kitchen-man by listening to
their orders. It moves around the place, chatting with the customers, taking orders, delivering it, and
sending text orders to the chef’s PC wirelessly in a fully-automated way. It also has a user interface which
enables the customization of its behavior, look and technical parameters. The robot is fully designed and
built by us.

The robot is named Arabot. You can find some videos of it in YouTube.

Any in-detail technical questions, I'm here ;-)

arabot-robot.jpg

Last edited:

مشروع يشرفنا يا بش مهندس
عال العال عن جد فرحتني
ربنا يوفقك

- - - Updated - - -

here my questions

for along time I was in love to work with robotic but i missed my chance to study it in my master, right now i am doing analog design which i just want to quite it soon and have my interest

I worked with Allen bradlley PLC with the ladder programming , i dont know whether I can use the PLC in such kind of robot

so what is the control unit you used and the programming language ??

مشروع يشرفنا يا بش مهندس
عال العال عن جد فرحتني
ربنا يوفقك

- - - Updated - - -

here my questions

for along time I was in love to work with robotic but i missed my chance to study it in my master, right now i am doing analog design which i just want to quite it soon and have my interest

I worked with Allen bradlley PLC with the ladder programming , i dont know whether I can use the PLC in such kind of robot

so what is the control unit you used and the programming language ??

I wish you best of luck, Junus.

The speech recognition runs on a beagleboard (Embedded Linux) running some toolkit called HTK.
The movement and head motion are based on Atmel AVR Atmega32 microcontroller.

I think PLC is not the good choice for robots like this.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a great prototype.how much is it?
How much money ?
Around 3000EGP for everything.
But there are a lot of factors to consider if it's to be a commercial product to significantly reduce this budget.

At current exchange rates that's ~$420 USD. How did you manage to build it so inexpensively? Aibo (the robot dog) was sold for something like $1000 USD. This robot is at least more useful than an Aibo, so seems like a steal.

For that kind of price you should consider a upscale model that is 2x the price but can do the dishes ;-)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.