Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AR/ARMA model time delay??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacy139

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hy everyone,

I am trying to predict time series with an AR Model using MATLAB. There are already functions provided that calculate the coefficients i.e ar(u,3); or armax(u[3,1]) and for predicting:

m1 = ar(u,3) % order 3
yp1 = predict(m1,data,10); %prediction horizon = 10

when plotting the predicted data i get a timedelay aprox. about the prediction horizon compared to the inputdata.

In the literature, however, i find plots with predictied data with large prediction horizon without any timedelay!!

Now i wonder if they just ploted the prediction for e.g. 30min at the time of calculation instead of 30min later (what i think makes no sense because why plotting a predicted value now and not at the time ahead in the future where i could compare ). They so get the same results as if i would shift my predicted signal to the left.
First i thought the delay is there because basically an AR model is a filter and there you should have a dalay - but with more and more figures shown in the literature that seem overcorrect I am not that sure anymore

Can anyone please explain to me the reason for the delay or what I am doing wrong and if so how the data should be plotted ??

Thankyou so much for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back