Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

applications of AXI-AHB

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawangupta

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Can you please tell me;

Where to use AXI bus, where AHB bus, as both are high frequency interfaces by AMBA...?

Thanks

with ARM core

The AXI bus is a replacemnet to AHB bus. You either use one or he other but not both. Although it is possible to make a bridge to transform AXI transactions to AHB and visa-versa. Usually if you have a new design and are using the newer ARM processors such as cortex family, then you better use AXI bus for the new peripherals and AHB for existing legacy IPs. Hope this helps.

is it possible to use axi or ahb in place of apb bus?

Hi,

Thanks rakko, this is clear to me now if i am going to burn my DUT with AXI bus interface into Xilinx Virtex 5 FPGA....i think so this board supports PLB bus...not axi...for this i had designed PLB bus interface. From where can i get related documents/info...on which board which Bus interface we have to use...say AXI on which board,AHB on which board...? Why?

Thanks
Pawan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back