Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

application note for wavecom q2403A

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil6600

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone,

can anybody post application note for wavecom q2403A? I have searched over internet and unable to find one. I would really appreciate if some one can post it.

thanks

i was and am using this from past 6 or 7 years as i believe this is the best compared to other companies..

module schematic.. i did not understand... it consists of dsp processors and quite a big vlsi technology involved... and wavecom does not give out the schematic.

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 ----------

**broken link removed**

i was and am using this from past 6 or 7 years as i believe this is the best compared to other companies..

module schematic.. i did not understand... it consists of dsp processors and quite a big vlsi technology involved... and wavecom does not give out the schematic.

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 ----------

**broken link removed**

thanks for the info.
i meant the schematic which you are using for interfacing the module with microcontroller/PC.
also from where are you getting your PCB manufactured for such a small connector? I tried making PCB several times but one or the other time connector doesn't get soldered or the tracks of connector gets so close that they get short. I also live in India, so if you can point me to the manufacturer I can also get it done.

thanks for the help.

soldering i do it myself as it is my hobby, but it needs very skilled and very patient and very good temperature controlled micro SMD tip for soldering and a very good illuminated magnifying glass......

i used to stay in bangalore, where there are many professional pcb manufacturers...

you nees a max 232 circuit to interface it to controller.. as you it do for any other serial communication circuit...

soldering i do it myself as it is my hobby, but it needs very skilled and very patient and very good temperature controlled micro SMD tip for soldering and a very good illuminated magnifying glass......

i used to stay in bangalore, where there are many professional pcb manufacturers...

you nees a max 232 circuit to interface it to controller.. as you it do for any other serial communication circuit...

hi
thanks for the answer. i have some how managed to sold that connector, but now i have another problem. i am providing 3.75 volts (IC: LM317) to the module and have connected sim, led and antenna to it. the moment i apply power to it led starts to blink and when i call the number (sim connected to module) i get mobile switched off message. I don't know whats going wrong. I have connected all the required pins and have triple checked it. please help me... :(
thanks

WHAT IS THE POWER SUPPLY RATING YOU ARE USING?????// IT HAS TO BE MANDATORY 12v/1a MIN FOR WAVECOM

yepee.. thanks a lot.. problem solved, i was using 5v, now i have connected it to 6v battery the led is no more blinking. but another problem, led now does not blink, its just on permanently. it seems module is not able to register on network, sim is connected, power supply is ok, what else is going wrong? how to i solve it? any advice would be very helpful.
thanks

do an AT+CSQ? AND SEE RESPONSE... it should give some value other than 99,99

use a 12V/1A to solve all problems....

does it respond to basic AT commands

do an AT+CSQ? AND SEE RESPONSE... it should give some value other than 99,99

use a 12V/1A to solve all problems....

does it respond to basic AT commands

hi
i tried sending at+csq and in response i got +CSQ: 99, 99 i don't know what does that mean.
what should i do now? please help me.
thanks

It means that modem is unable to register to the SIM service provider..

SIM is not getting detected..... Check AT+CPIN? response...................

hi,
i tied AT+CPIN, i got this response

AT+CPIN?

+CPIN: READY

i am able to read sms stored in sim card using at+cmgr command and when i try to call to any number(atd xxxx;) led starts to blink for some time and then i get NO CARRIER response. Also when i power on the module led fluctuates for some time and then gets stable.

now for at+csq command some time i get +CSQ: 99, 99 and other time +CSQ: 21,99

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

check if the SIM has sufficient balance.. instead of making a call from modem make a call to the sim and see the response on your mobile. iS it swtched off or what... check if the SIM does not have security password set.....

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

you should not get 99 as response... use a good antenna.. or move modem to place where you get some value for at+csq? other than 99...

check if the SIM has sufficient balance.. instead of making a call from modem make a call to the sim and see the response on your mobile. iS it swtched off or what... check if the SIM does not have security password set.....

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

you should not get 99 as response... use a good antenna.. or move modem to place where you get some value for at+csq? other than 99...

connected a new antenna including the sma connector, this antenna was previously used in another wavecom modem. still getting the same response +CSQ: 20,99
tried calling the modem, got "out of coverage area" response
modem and my mobile phone are at the same table, mobile phone shows full network strength, so i don't think changing place will have any effect. also mobile phone towers are few meters away from my house.

it seems i will never be able to get this modem work :(

right now i am using a 6v battery, should i try replacing it with 12v?

you should use 12V/1A otherwise it will not work....

unless you get anything other than 99, modem will not work.....

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

mobile has very good amplifier inside to amplify the signal... it cannot be compared with modem antenna and signal strength....... modem may not receive even thou mobile will have full signal strength....

try to do AT&F and repower ON and test cpin command and see if any improvement.... which SIM do you use????????/

you should use 12V/1A otherwise it will not work....

unless you get anything other than 99, modem will not work.....

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

mobile has very good amplifier inside to amplify the signal... it cannot be compared with modem antenna and signal strength....... modem may not receive even thou mobile will have full signal strength....

try to do AT&F and repower ON and test cpin command and see if any improvement.... which SIM do you use????????/

hi

i have installed 12v battery(2x6v battery in series) and moved the modem+setup a bit away from the previous position, now i am getting this value for at+csq
+CSQ: 30,0

still, led is fluctuating, seems like its still searching network. neither i am able to make call or receive call :(

i am using BSNL sim. mobile tower is few ten's of meters (approx 200 meters) away from house.

thanks

never use battery with the modem module.... when it interacts with tower it uses lot of power... use an 12V/1A adaptor ... otherwise these problems will be there always....

never use battery with the modem module.... when it interacts with tower it uses lot of power... use an 12V/1A adaptor ... otherwise these problems will be there always....

12/1A adaptor? I have a 220v to 12v transformer, so i'll connect it with LM317 directly will that be ok? also what power supply you are using?

since wavecom modules need about 3.7 volts to operate, so will it make a difference if 12V supply is used or 6V supply?

thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

what is the current rating????

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

wavecom give 12V/1A power supply with the kit... i use it from 7 years without a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back