Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

API for hardware controlling under Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabidof

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I'd like to develop an API to ease the usage of a COM port connected hardware. I'm not sure where to start and I have many issues to be solved before I begin with soft coding.

1. Which programming language shall I use and what consequences will it have? As I said, i'd like to offer the API on the windows platfom, typically for the .NET framework.

2. More generally, to what shall I pay attention when dealing with API programming. I've never done such a development. How does it change from other programming type?

3. Any links to tutorial, books, etc. for API development are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

I think WINIO and GIVEIO will helps you,

search for it,

its free and gove you direct acess to hardware with this you can do whatever you needed to do with PORT

You sound like another case of trying to run before you can walk. Anyway, .NET has a comm class built into it. So if you want to make a dll or API based on an already existing class go ahead but I think you are wasting your time.

Partially agreed. Imagine you want to distribute some hardware but not the protocol. A DLL is just what should be developped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back