Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone use Microchip rfPIC12F675K chip for remote control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcding1980

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
remote control chip

Hi..

Has anyone there used Microchip rfPIC12F675K chip before in remote control design? I plan to use this chip to design a wireless sensor for my own wireless alarm system. But the problem I am having now is the battery is draining too fast for conventional RF chip and a AM transmitter module I use for my wireless sensor. Could anyone there please tell me your experience with this chip? Thanks alot.

rfpic range

Hi,

I didn't yet use these chips but check your antenna RF output, the problem could be there.

Are you transmitting constantly? :)

I have a question of my own... What receiver are you using on the other side? rfRXD from Microchip?

Trax
www.elektronika.ba

microchip wireless alarm

hi traxonja,

Currently I use 12F675 chip + 315MHz AM transmitter module as my design. I use WDT to wake up the PIC to detect the input and then goes into sleep again after detection.. I think the problem of battery draining too fast maybe due to the power hungry AM transmitter module.

I use 315MHz RX module from Taiwan company. For both TX and RX, I use Manchester coding alogorithm.

So do you use other RF IC as remote control?

I have used before SMC65326 & SMC65327 chips for other remote control function.

Thanks.

smc65327

Hello,

I have only used TRF-25G from www.laipac.com and they are GREAT! It is a transciever on 2,4GHz with data rate up to 1 Mbps.

Can your PIC be waken-up by interrupt from one of it's pins ?? I think that it would be even more better than using WatchDogTimer.

I have a few rfPIC and rfRXD chips from Microchip but they require alot external components so I never had the time to test them...

Trax

rfpic12f675k

Hi traxonja,

Actually in my code, I used WDT to wake up and check the sensor using ADC to see if the sensor is being triggered/not.

I plan to make an universal circuit to support various sensors type (N.O or N.C).

I think your idea of using interrupt on change might solve my battery draining out problem. Thanks.

how can we design chip for remote

halo..

I just bought the rfPIC kit. Hope the kit will help me in designing with rfPIC12F675K chip.

Does anyone have any experience using it? Please share with me. Thanks.

microchip remote control c code

Hey, do you have PCB drawing of that kit that you bought??? I would like to make my own board but I don't have the drawings, so if anybody has them, please post here.

microchip wireless chips

jcding1980 said:
hi traxonja,
Currently I use 12F675 chip + 315MHz AM transmitter module as my design. I use WDT to wake up the PIC to detect the input and then goes into sleep again after detection.. I think the problem of battery draining too fast maybe due to the power hungry AM transmitter module.Thanks.
if you have an extra pin you can manage RF module power (ON/OFF) with simple MOSFET

microchip rf remocon

Hi traxonja,

The transmitter and receiver schematic and pcb layout files are attached below. Please check it out. About the rfPIC where do you purchase it? Is it expensive? Thanks.

microchip remote controller

Is the sch for pic?

remote control chips

hi dabi,

the files contain schematic and pcb layout diagram too. i will post the demo assembly codes for the tx and rx circuits.

regards

how microchips play a part in a remote control

hi.

The demo assembly code for the transmitter and receiver are attached below. Check it out! :)

regards

rfpic kit

Hi there!!! im looking forward for a pretty good help here.... i need diagrams and schematics for rfPIC programmer, i have to use a rfPIC12C509AF, put i REALLY need pcb or schematics for these one, i think that i can use the one for rfPIC16F675K, could anyone help on this???

Thanx!!!! :D XΛ√γ

rf chip for alarm

I'm using this Rfpic module but I tried using it for a 20 meter range remote control but the rfpic range is too short. Could anyone tell me how to add extra RF power to these modules? Thx

Hi,

I use also rfPIC12F675F on my project. Could you post please your code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back