Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone use HDL Designer in Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
active hdl vs hdl designer comparison

:?: Is there anybody using HDL Designer in Linux ?? I am used to use HDL Designer In Win OS, But I have never successed running HDL Designer in Linux. Can anyone who has used it in Linux tell me the difference between the version in Linux and Windows ? How about Active HDL compare to HDL Designer ?? Please show us your experience, thanks.... :idea: :wink:

Dear Memphis, I have used HDS under Linux for some thing near 1 year. The difference? There is no difference except that you are running linux, an open source operating system, with much more capabilities than it's competitors.
OH! Really you want me to compare that toy with HDL Designer!! Active-HDL is I think only for those persons who want to begin the VLSI design and do not know any thing and do not have any experience about big project. Leave the toy away. Use HDS, when linked with modelsim or NC-Sim, it is much more powerful than AHDL.

Oh...I got it...

I got it ! thanks a lot....I have never use Active HDL before, so I really don't know the characteristic of this tool. It seems that HDL Designer is a good choice in rtl design, thanks for your experience... :eek: :) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.