Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone knows this type of ZNR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amir81

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
i attached the image of a ZNR. it is used in a daa part of a modem (for surge/transient protection). i remove it from pcb and the modem now works well, but i know it is not safe. the marking code for this part was "ZNR2" on the pcb.
any one knows the meaning of color strips on this ZNR? and the working voltage and current of this ZNR?

thanks

Personally, I would not try to replace this with the exact part. Since it is only there for surge supression, I would replace it with a comparable part for the same purpose. Take a look at :

**broken link removed**

They list several recommended for phone line/communication use.

These devices usually fail in the shorted mode. Therefore, you can also steal one from another dead modem. Just check it with a meter to insure that its not shorted already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back