Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone know of a lowcost GPS Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvincent

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to measure altitude, and convert it using a 16F84 PIC and any additional circuitry to an LCD display. Are there any low cost GPS receiver chips available?

Thank you for your help

Thomas

These days, it's cheaper to buy a serial GPS module then to buy the chip. You can certianly get a chip but it needs a lot of externa, support components like oscillator, RF choke and antenna.

So I suggest you go to ebay and buy one of those $10 USB or serial GPS modules with the antenna built in. They take a 5v supply which should be fine for the PIC and they output the location and status every 1 second in COM port mode. Should be fine for the PIC also.

electronrancher

Thank you for the advice, it is excellent. Can you kindly provide me with a few typical names and part numbers, so I know what I'm looking for. I am very new to GPS and would like to acquire location and altitude. Then use a PIC to display the serial data.

Thank you so much for your help

Thomas

try going to jnuthailand.com where the user has done something what you are looking for

Hi ...You can contact Mr.Ganesh.We purchased the GPS Receiver from him.It is a GPS receiver with RS232 interface. Mob:09XXXXXXXX
MOD: The OP is from TEXAS, and the other member who has given his location is from Norway. Do you expect them to contact you on the given number in India? Do not post B-shit and advertise. You are warned twice for this..Next time i get any of your such post, you'll be banned. From the date you have joined in 2007, till date you have only posted 5 posts which were all about contacting Ganesh. Instead advertsing on his behalf, invite him to EDA where many members can be benefited and all can share knowledge.

Possibly he is Ganesh, and it is his number

Nandhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back