Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ANYONE know how to take an XP document and open it in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal04Guy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys I have a serious problem.
My old laptop with XP ,crashed and I took out my old hard drive and made it into an external hard drive.

My problem is my files that were saved in "My Documents" , under my "user" name in my old hard dive with Windowx XP . and I guess thery were EFS or encrypted files ,and my new computer with Windows Vista doesn't give me ""permission" to open them.

Vista DOSE RECOGNIZE my "external hard drive " (aka old XP laptop internal hard drive) and I CAN go into "my documents" and see all my files. I just CAN NOT open them.

Please guys if you know ANY WAY or Suggestion PLEASE let me know. There are files on that old drive that I desperately need for work and school. Thanks I really apericate it!
:cry::cry::!::!::!::!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back