Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone is using Liberty Parser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eruisi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Liberty Parser 2.5 from Synopsys to parse and process liberty files.
There is a Perl interface in the package so I use it to make my programming easy.
However, I found one issue in in this Perl interface: it's good to read .lib but when it comes to write out a modified liberty to a file using liberty::si2drWriteLibertyFile, it re-formats a lot to original liberty file: it re-factories tab indents and add double quotes to many string values
for example, original liberty has syntax like
cell(AOI), not it becomes cell("AOI")

This is not a fatal error, but it make visual check or text diff very difficult.

Does anyone use Perl Liberty Parser too and ran into the same issue? Is there a way to minimize the re-formatting from Perl interface.

What I found is C API won't change much on format and for Perl interface, if I don't modify data (add/delete cell/pin/attribute) and write a liberty, then there is no re-formatting, but if I change some thing then write out liberty, it will add a lot of double quotes ("")

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

I am not familiar with any of those tools, but it sounds as though the program 'remembers' that the file started as a Liberty document. So it insists on processing it as a Liberty doc.

What if you were to start it as a generic document? Then it might process it as 'generic'.
1) Copy the entire file to clipboard.
2) Start a New document.
3) Paste in the clipboard contents.

This should remove all hints that it is a Liberty doc.

I am not familiar with any of those tools, but it sounds as though the program 'remembers' that the file started as a Liberty document. So it insists on processing it as a Liberty doc.

What if you were to start it as a generic document? Then it might process it as 'generic'.
1) Copy the entire file to clipboard.
2) Start a New document.
3) Paste in the clipboard contents.

This should remove all hints that it is a Liberty doc.

This is not I was talking about, but thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back