Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone has idea?(LED flashes on music and without music to stay turned on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I solved the problem, here you go my final shematics..
63_1300918286.gif

1,2 and 3 are positions of the switch, when is on 1st LEDs blink when music, on 2nd is everithing off and on 3rd LEDs are always turned on.. :)

Attachments

• 77_1300810308.gif
    77_1300810308.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 57

when is switch in the 2nd position when LEDs needs to be turned on allways, will then be maybe some problem cause then the current will go through the LEDs from + to - how much as i know the correct is from - to + so this will be indirect current through the LEDs..will it be a problem or it will work well??
We calculated that a 620 ohm resistor in series with two 3.3V blue LEDs and a 12V supply will limit the current to only 8.7mA. The current with the switch turned on will be exactly the same as the peak current when the sound is loud enough to completely turn on the transistor (which is also a switch). But since the transistor rectifies the sound signal then the average current when loud music plays is half which is only 4.4mA.

---------- Post added 24-03-11 at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was 23-03-11 at 23:30 ----------

Your wiring diagram today is completely wrong.
Lets see if the software problem with attaching a PNG file type works today:

1) Nope. clicking on Manage Attachments gives the same error as before, "Error on page".
2) Adding a PNG Image gives the same error as before, "Not Allowed Extension".

I wish the problem can be fixed soon.

Here is a GIF image that I must copy and paste instead of simply upload like on all the other forums:

43_1300921599.gif

There is no big difference between switches, this one with 3 positions are better choice for me, cause that one with 2 positions with it i can't turn off everithing, with mines one i can, so it's better then 2nd one..i made a new one picture with right wired LEDs..

Last edited:

this is completly the same way wiring, it's the same like with 2 positions switch, just in this one i can to turn off everithing..

Your switch has too many terminals to be a single-pole three-way switch. You connected your wires to the wrong terminals of a double-pole switch and nothing will happen.

A single-pole three-way switch has only 3 terminals that look like and are wired exactly like a single-pole two way switch.
Your switch in the center off position will look like the photo I showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.