Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone access to the latest version of StarSimXT from Avant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edaguy69

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does it support mix-level simulation yet. how does it compare with Hsim?
Thanks

For my experience, starsim only support transistor level simulation. It can't do mixed spice and verilog simulation. However, you can translate the verilog gate level netlist to transisor level by some tools.

kwkam said:
For my experience, starsim only support transistor level simulation. It can't do mixed spice and verilog simulation. However, you can translate the verilog gate level netlist to transisor level by some tools.
That's an old story. Two years ago, they announced that they will support mix-level simulation with some common verilog. That's why I ask. Most simulation tools now have that feature: Hsim. Nanosim, MachTA...

I don't know the current version of starsim. In the case of HSIM 2.0, it required you to translate the verilog netlist to spice before doing simulation. May be other tools do it automaticly. I believe for accurate simulation, verilog netlist must be translate to the spice model.

Re: Anyone access to the latest version of StarSimXT from Av

Synopsys will not develop this tools.

Synopsys StarsimXT 2003.03 for SUN 5.7 & Linux Rh 7.1

edaguy69 said:
That's an old story. Two years ago, they announced that they will support mix-level simulation with some common verilog. That's why I ask. Most simulation tools now have that feature: Hsim. Nanosim, MachTA...
NanoSim and MachTA do support mixed level simluation.
NanoSim can link to VCS by verilog PLI, MachTA can link to Advanced MS with ModelSim for mixed spice/HDL sim, too.

Is Smash the only single kernel "Mixed" with a nonnative digital description?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back