Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody has info about CE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For CE certification, is there a common procedure for all electronic cards? What must be done to define a card that it has CE certification? Where can i find detailed information about that?

May be i can help, but CE marking is a wide subject so can you detail your question please?

I want to design a motor control card. And make it CE labelled. But i don't know where to start or what to care of? What procedure must i follow? I think the card must pass some tests like EMC etc. What are these tests? My main concern is technical aspects of CE marking.

Hello,

I have experiences from EMC laboratory work something about 8 years. So here is help a little bit. Because I don't know better you project these advises bases in to common standards.

If you make a motor control card it must be pass next tests.
Emission:
EN61000-3-2 50Hz harmonics, only AC equipments
EN61000-3-3 Flickering, only AC equipments
CISPR22 Conducted emission for industrial (if your control card goes to industrial, if not then using office limits)
CISPR22 Radiated emission from 30MHz up to 1GHz with industrial or office limit line

Immunity:
EN61000-4-2 ESD immunity (Industrial, Air +-1kV up to +-15kV and Contact +-1kV up to 8kV, Office levels, Air +-8kV and Contant +-4kV
EN61000-4-3 Radiated Immunity from 80MHz up to 2GHz (goes upper in near of the future) (Industrial 10V/m, Office 3V/m)
EN61000-4-4 EFT (Industrial +-4kV, Office +-2kV. Signal lines have own levels)
EN61000-4-5 Surge (Industrial +-2kV / +-4kV, Office +-1kV / +-500V
EN61000-4-6 Conducted Immunity (Industrial 10V/m, Office 3V/m)
EN61000-4-11 Voltage dips and interruptions.

All these tests have different performance criteria but mainly this tested equipment must be work ok after tests and it must not be dangerous after tests! (Surge is one of these test where this equipment can be "crash" and it can become dangerous).

If you have some problems I can give more information.

seyyah

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You're going to need the services of an independant lab qualified to perform the EMC testing. You should also contact a company that can issue the CE mark Certificate you'll need. Try looking up some ISO Certification companies and get a list of required standards (the standards are the documents that outline the requirements, you can find places like techstreet.com that sell these standards). The CE mark can be quite an ordeal to get and keep.

luumar said:
If you make a motor control card it must be pass next tests.

Ok very good info and helped much. But i wonder how did you decide which tests will be performed or what standards the product must comply. I think there must be some criteria or classifications for this, right? For example i have another product. It has no switching elements on it like motor control card. It has only relays for power control and logic circuit. So, will the same tests be applied to this board? Or may it have less or more tests to pass?

Hello,

...But i wonder how did you decide which tests will be performed or what standards the product must comply. I think there must be some criteria or classifications for this, right?...

For motor controllers can be own standard product family standard which says what tests you must be make and what are the performance levels.

First: Only "equipment" what manufacturer don't need to test is normal light bulb and heating resistor without thermostart.

If you switch motor voltage/current it can make different kind of interferencies to motor voltage which can go to another equipments (disturbances goes along cables if your filtering is not ok) and may disturb them. Also if you swithing voltage and motor rotating these swithces make wide-band radiating RF power (like Marconi's radio transmitter) because relays sparking (if you are not use solid state ralays). Because you control relays by logic it is possible that this logic disturbing and you motor make something "unthinkable" example it can be start itself if it disturbing by interferencies which are going outside you controller (along cables or radiating RF power).

...For example i have another product. It has no switching elements on it like motor control card. It has only relays for power control and logic circuit. So, will the same tests be applied to this board? Or may it have less or more tests to pass?...

So your card need these same tests what I says you before IF it not have own product family standard which say these tests what you must to do. (It saws that for your motor controller is not have own product family standard... See attachment so it looks that you must be make these test by use general standards. These are example IEC61000-...)

Standards you can find example https://webstore.iec.ch/

Hi,

I just wonder there is a standart procedure to get the CE mark in my electronics / electrical product. Any one know about it? I means about :
1. The Implementation.
2. How to prepare CE Application.
3. The Institution, etc.
Is it the same procedure to get the ISO certification?

Please share.

Thx + Rgds,

TR2000 :(

how to create a simple EMC filtering for DC Motorised Bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back