Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any1 know how2 use serial interface4 KS0715 LCD driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brennbar67

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know how to using serial interfacing by using Samsung KS0715 LCD controller??

Hi,

I have did that before, what specific things that you want to know?

Hi,

So do u know how to set the LCD blinking??bcoz datasheet jz mention use static indicator on,then will blink 1/s. i had use that command,but LCD is not blinking.

Then do u know write a routine that can display the incoming data??
How to write a routine that can know the incoming data is end of the string??coz incoming data we dunno how long,so i cant determine the end of the string...any idea??

Do u know how2 scrolling the page??coz i try2 set the initial display line repeatly,but nothing happen...why??

Hi,

For blinking, such as cursor, I have it write to the display manually every 0.5sec. The static indicator seem to only apply to icon that have been wire on the glass to COMS.
For incoming string, a NULL indicate end of it on my case. If not, you can have a large buffer. Each time shift the buffer content and display the front portion of it while incoming data is append behind. This way you can continue to shows data until buffer is empty or no more incoming data. For this you'll need to know the rate of the incoming data.
To shift the display up or down, just sent command to change the "Initial Display Line". The whole display will move. This is what you did isn't??

Hi tom,

Do u know how2 display out the cursor?coz i have no idea abt it, and datasheet didint mention abt it.

For shifting the page, i had tried2 initial the display line,but whenever i initial a new display line, half of my display data will lost. It suppose scroling all the pages and all the display is still there, right?? Any idea?

For the incoming string idea that u suggested, is good idea!! :wink:
I also tried to put the data into buffer first, but my problem is the LCD will display some kind of weird display after my data was finished display...
I suspect mayb the routine didnt spot the end of the string....but is impossible ooh....
Any idea on it??do u have any example for my reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.