Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any suggestions for PhD research in biometrics and security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

giggs11

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
phd research on biometric security

Hi all,

I'm planning to further my studies to PhD but cant decide on which field to specialize in. I'm trained in digital IC design @ digital ASICs and would like to research on network & data security incorporating biometrics. Any suggestions of potential topics and good schools in the US...?

Thanks guys.

phd biometrics jobs

You are in IC. RFIC is a hot topic. I participated in a gigabit IC seminar at Agilent and they say it will be very hot.

There will be a lot of military spending in the next 20 years in USA towards new technologies. They will be not expenditure in "let's build 2000 tanks" but for high-tech gadgets, IC areas. Think of anything.

Re: Any suggestions for PhD research in biometrics and secur

Djali,

I've been hearing a lot about RFIC but I dont have any backgorund on analog design or RF. Is it possible for a digital person to go into RFIC that seamlessly...?

Re: Any suggestions for PhD research in biometrics and secur

I am about to start doing research for my MS thesis about bimodel biometric. If you guys have any resources to share that will be greatly appreciated.:oops:
Thanks in advance,
:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.