Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any Standard Methodology about Embedded System Design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomson

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
although i've experienced some embedded system software implementation, i'm still confused about designing a robust and maintainable product. I also expect to have a systematic view about the embedded system development so that the bugs can be eliminated at least.

I think this procudure shall contain several steps including understanding the C Compiler working mechanism as well as basic C coding styles and of course the C compiler's specific features and the MCU specific features.

Ultimately, the objective goes to grasp them!

In addition, the software development management and some basic estimate skills are necessary for the success of the product.

However, all these are very scattered instead of as a whole!

Can anybody give me some advices!

Thanks in advance!

Thomson

Hi

1-You can USE UML for Designing , just serch net for "Embedded UML"
I think keil website may have some documentation
2-Read About MISRA C
3-Master Yuor tools , devices data sheets and APP. notes

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

Personally I think that the VisualState tool is very useful. VisualSTATE is a suite of graphical tools for design of embedded systems and event-driven systems; use it for any 8-, 16- or 32-bit target microcontroller and even Windows applications.
With visualSTATE, each development phase becomes much easier. The benefits of model-driven design are:

• Design an embedded application by drawing objects, events, actions etc, using the powerful notation of hierarchical UML state charts and state machines.

• Discuss the design and exchange ideas with others thanks to the model-driven design approach and the graphical design representation.

• Simulate and visualize your application to find mistakes early in the design cycle.

• Verify the logical consistency of your designs run-time model with the extremely powerful formal verificator.

• Perform extensive tests continously and iteratively throughout your development: validation of the application behavior, regression testing and automatic test coverage reporting.

• Use the power of executable UML and RealLink to execute and visualize your applications behavior on the target system.

• Automatically generate error-free micro-tight C/C++ code that is 100%consistent with your design.

• Develop incrementally, reusing code and prototyping.

• Add new functionality to an existing application as market requirements change.

• Maintain an existing application thanks to the accurate, structured documentation that is always in-sync with the final design.

Regards, svicent

Hi
I'd like to learn VisualState very much. So I don't find any documents except the documents included with the software.
Give to me some references, please !
Best regards
Muoinho

Refer to a book by Frank Vahid named Embedded system-unified approach h/w & s/w

i have the lecture slides of the book chapterwise
tell me if u want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back